November 18, 2015

Not Quite Silver

We're getting there. It's now within sight. Matt and I are now one year away from our 25th wedding anniversary - our Silver Anniversary.


Funny. I thought we would feel like an old married couple by now. Despite the graying hair and dawning appreciation for early bird specials, I'm pretty sure we're still just a couple of kids.

We still hold hands. (Not just because I've misplaced my cane.)

We still dance in the kitchen. (We've learned to ignore the childrens' expressions of dismay.)

We still talk about running away together. (What can I say? We live with lunatics.)

We still irritate each other. (Only occasionally on purpose.)



We laugh (hard) at all the inside jokes we've accumulated along the way.

We'd still rather be together than not.






So... I guess we're stuck together...

Here's to another year, Babe! 






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's amazing! 25 years! I know what you mean that you thought you'd be old at this point...I thought that way too, but on our 25th we were expecting Genevieve. I loved your post and you two are an inspiration for staying in love in the midst of struggles! Love you so much!

Topangarose said...

Just chock full of love, this post is. You always manage to find a great deal of love in everything. Makes me happy reading your posts! Happy Anniversary. Bring on the silver!